8/12/09

14. Brotherhood really does exist

And I am not talking about the brotherhood between two siblings. I am talking about the brotherhood that exists naturally between any two guys in a room.

Let me set the scene:
We are in the Master's computer lab with a bunch of people from our program. Trey is in the back of the room next to Logan. I remember that it was Logan's birthday the past weekend.

Mallory: Hey Logan- happy birthday!
Trey: You are just now wishing him happy birthday?
Mallory: I wrote on his facebook wall?
Trey: Oh yea? While you were in Disney? I wrote on his wall ON his birthday
Logan: That's right.. he did.

Conversation over.

Nearly twenty-four hours goes by and I am standing in the doorway to Trey's room.

Trey: Hey Mallory? You know how yesterday I told you that I wrote on Logan's facebook wall?
Mallory: Yea
Trey: I didn't wish Logan happy birthday. I didn't write on his wall. I didn't even wish him happy birthday after we talked about it.
Mallory: Really?
Trey: Yea, Logan just covered for me.

Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment