9/3/09

15. Buying a round of drinks means "Hey, I love you"

Boys aren't as affectionate as girls.

Yes, that is a generalization. In our case though it is definitely the truth. (Granted, I happen to be a very affectionate girl and neither roommate is exactly "emotional"). Living with girls it is quite normal to lay on the couch together and talk about how amazing the other person is, how great it is to be roommates, and much we love eachother. It is way more common for girls to end a platonic conversation with "I love you!" or hug eachother after a terrible (or exciting) day.

I assure you that neither guy has randomly and openly expressed their love of having me as a roommate/friend. Oh yea, and we don't sit on the couch and talk about how great the other person is either.

I am adjusting. Slowly.

Last weekend we were in New York. We ordered some drinks and Trey ended up paying for both of ours. I began the search through my wallet to find cash to pay him back.

Trey: Mallory, don't worry about it.
Me: No way! I have it right here...
Trey: Don't worry about it, I've got it.
Me: Trey...
Trey: This is what friends do, really.

Oh. I guess boys subscribe to the theory that actions speak louder than words. Friendship? Love? Yea, it's all there. You just have to read between the lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment