8/11/09

12. Batteries and Ragu are a fair trade

Boys aren't concerned with exact equity.

Trey bought me batteries for my remote for my TV. (I know, I know, I am spoiled rotten.. I get it) When I came home I asked him how much they were. Naturally I didn't want him to think that I was going to just take advantage of him and have him buy me things without paying him back. He informed me that it didn't matter; He had been eating my Ragu. (And also some blueberry pomegranate juice) Interesting. I mean, I have never lived in a house that is so yours/mine/ours. Most things are shared here and I really do believe that over a year it will probably all come out even.

This concept is refreshing for two reasons.

The first reason is that this is the first year that I haven't had to keep a running total of who owed who what. I sometimes felt as though the elaborate accounting system of my house was more complicated than my accounting classes in school. I won't have to constantly keep small bills around to trade back and forth (more like monopoly money) with my roommates.

The second reason is that I didn't feel to guilty yesterday when I stole two of Kyle's fresh cut veggies and dipped them in the humus in the fridge.... yea, I think I can get used to this.

1 comment:

  1. It's not just that they don't care -they really just don't pay attention/notice

    - this is mary by the way :)

    ReplyDelete