9/24/09

23. Girls simply get more excited about weddings

I found out that one of my best friends got engaged. Of course I was really excited and told everyone that I knew. My parents, mutual friends, non-mutual friends, the librarians, random strangers on the street.. basically anyone who would listen. (I then went through the whole process again when she asked me to be a bridesmaid)

Both of my roommates know Katiebeth.

(Let me set the scene: I come running into the house really excited with my news. Both guys are standing in the kitchen - typical)

Mallory: Guess what!?! Katiebeth got engaged!!
Kyle: Oh cool.
Trey: That's great.

That's it?

My theory was that maybe the two of them were really just not that close to Katiebeth and therefore wouldn't get THAT excited. That theory was proven wrong the next day at dinner with Trey, Brian, and Katie.

We were sitting at dinner and I told Brian and Katie that Katiebeth was engaged.

Brian: Fun.
Katie: REALLY!?!? Awwwwww. Yay! That's so exciting! How did he do it? Where were they? Have you seen the ring? What did he say? Are you going to be in it?

See, not THAT's the response I was looking for. Katie doesn't know Katiebeth any better than either of my roommates. (probably even less), and yet she was infinitely more excited about the engagement than the guys.

Could this be because girls dream of weddings and boys dream of cars?

No comments:

Post a Comment