9/3/09

18. It's okay to have cockroaches in the garage. They will just come back anyways.

I bought every cockroach house/spray/bomb/diffuser the grocery store (see post 10).

Mallory: I am so excited to get rid of the cockroaches!
Trey: Yea, as long as Loki wont be hurt by that stuff. (Loki is Trey's dog)

Mallory: I was thinking that we could set of the bug bombs when we go to New York and when Loki is out of the house.

Kyle: Yea... I don't know how I feel about the bug bombs
Mallory: But Kyle, they will kill the cockroaches!
Kyle: I just don't know how I feel about putting all of those chemicals in the house

Mind you, I am all for being chemical free and healthy. (I even buy organic apples when they are on sale at the grocery store) But when it comes to cockroaches... I would pour DDT around the house if that would get rid of them.

Mallory: Could we at least do one bomb in the garage then?
Kyle: Well we don't want to kill the rat.

(This is a moment of sheer mental panic: we have a rat!?)

Mallory: We have a rat!?
Kyle: Yea, it has been there since last year. If we kill it the whole garage will smell.
Trey: Besides, even if we kill all of the cockroaches.... they are just going to come back anyways.

So yes, we have cockroaches and a rat in our garage. (This is an interesting choice of pets if you ask me) I can guarantee that I fully intend to never step foot in the garage unless absolutely necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment