9/3/09

21. A three strike policy is an effective discpline method

Girls tend to be passive aggressive. Mess in the living room will be strategically placed outside someone's door. A dirty bowl will go unwashed until the correct person cleans it. A sticky note will be left reminding other roommates to close the door or keep the A/C low. Worse yet, girls will keep the built up frustration inside until one day when they explode.

The boys have a three strike policy.

I had my arms full and did one of those things where you close the refrigerator door with your side. It didn't ACTUALLY close all the way.

Kyle: Mallory! You didn't close the refrigerator!
Mallory: Oops. Sorry!
Kyle: That's it, you get a strike.

It is refreshing to know that if I make a mistake (which I will because I am human) or if one of the guys makes a mistake (which they will because they are human), the other roommates will simply call them out and then be done with it. (what a concept right?)

There is a whiteboard in the kitchen with everyone's name on it. If you mess up, you get a strike. After three strikes, something really bad happens. I don't think anyone really knows what that is.

1 comment:

  1. haha that is so true of girls. Wish we had a 3 strike policy at my place, but my roommie would end up with 20 gazillion

    ReplyDelete