11/11/09

36. Pooping is normal

After living with boys the whole "lady" and "gentlemen" thing ends pretty quickly. It is to be expected.

I have seen both guys in a towel, talked to them while we were both brushing our teeth, seen crude youtube videos, had conversations while they peed, and heard stories not fit for a "lady's" ears. Granted, the whole "lady" image is lost since they have seen me without makeup, wearing my glasses and retainer (see post #13), and I often drink my apple juice straight out of the bottle. That being said, I think we hit a new level of comfortable today.

I was going to go shopping for our friend Katie's birthday. I wanted to know if the guys wanted to go in on a present with me. I called Trey. He didn't answer but instead replied with a text message.

Trey: Sup, I'm pooping
Mallory: Going to pick up kfray a bday present. Do you want it to be from you too?
Trey: Haha ya! Can I come with? Are you home or wehner?
Mallory: I'm walking to my car. Where are you?
Trey: Wehner! I'll meet you at your car?
Mallory: Yea. (and then it clicked) Wait. You were pooping in wehner?
Trey: Yup, 4th floor!
(I am going to pretend you didn't just tell me that... but then again, I did ask)
Mallory: I'm going to pretend you didn't just tell me that.

Later that night I was talking to Kyle before bed. I told him the series of text messages thinking he would get a laugh out of it.

Kyle: So?
Mallory: haha You dont think thats funny?
Kyle: Not really. Pooping is natural. It's not really that big of deal. That's what he was doing.
Mallory: But Kyle! It was in a public place! and he TOLD me about it...
Kyle: The fourth floor is hardly "public". It wasn't like it was the lobby.

Define public. (But that's not the point) The point is that boys embrace their natural excretion while girls choose to not talk about certain things with their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment