11/11/09

35. Girls have names for their outings

Kyle, Bailey, and I had a spur of the moment afternoon ice cream run. We were then going to tag along with Kyle on some of his errands (to pick up a new cell phone). I called Trey to invite him to join us on "Kyle's afternoon of errands". Upon hanging up the phone Kyle immediately laughed at me.

Kyle: So you've made a name for the afternoon?
Mallory: Well... yea.

The following weekend I spent alot of time with our friend Katie. After spending several hours trying to make a costume I told Katie we could just add the story to our weekend adventures. The next day she told me she really enjoyed "Mallory and Katie's weekend adventures" and we laughed about our weekend. This wasn't strange to either of us.

After some contemplation I realized that the guys never name their outings. It must simply be too "cute" for boys. I am hoping this is one of the things that rubs off on them... I look forward to the day that the boys come home from a self declared "Kyle and Trey's trip to walmart".

No comments:

Post a Comment