4/22/10

49. Guys know what to do when the water turns off

... And they aren't afraid to test your judgement, you know, to make you a "stronger person"

I went home for the weekend and was talking to Trey online.
Trey: I took a shower 15 minutes ago and the water went off
Me: WHAT!? why?
Trey: I want to test your thought process, if you were home alone and the water turned off, what you would you?
Me: Call you
Trey: And if I didn't answer?
Me: Call Kyle or call my dad... But I bet the water was turned off
Trey: So how was the water turned off?
Me: The water company (clearly). Did we pay the bill?
Me: Wait.. it's only the 5th... It's not that
Trey: That's a possibility, what else could it be?
Me: They are doing work outside? and had to turn off the street? go look outside? ask a neighbor if theirs is off too?
Trey: NICE!
Me: YAY! I PASSED!
Trey: Ok, so you go outside, there's a guy with his head in our water meter and a big wrench. you be Mallory, and I'll be the guy
Me: "Good morning sir, what is wrong with the water? will it be up shortly?"
Trey: Oh yea, we are just upgrading the meter, should be back on in about five minutes, sorry for the inconvenience.
Mallory: "No problem! thanks for letting me know"
Trey: WINNER! okay, shower time.

Turns out I knew what to do when the water went off. Do I attribute that to living with boys for a year? Possibly. Maybe girls just tend to ask their male roommates/ boyfriend/ father/ brother/ male neighbor/any sort of guy as a first instinct. This is a pretty awesome deal if you think about it. It allows the guys to feel as though they are needed and at the same time we get to let the boys worry about what to do when the water runs out.

Was sweet that Trey wanted to make sure I could handle myself when I have to live alone next year? Absolutely.

Of course... it is not really by chance that Trey would be the one to notice that the water went off. He is by far the one who takes the most frequent and longest showers out of the three of us (see post 43) and, thus, had the best odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment