2/22/10

42. Boys don't need instructions

Since I've lived here I have seen Trey build a desk, put in a ceiling fan, magically fix the internet/cable/dvr/random electronics that I don't know what they do, fix a car, and install a light switch.

My toilet was leaking. (No, I did not clog it- thanks kyle) but some rubber piece inside was old and needed to be replaced. (No, I did not figure this out myself) By now I have the routine down... "Hey Trey? The _____ isn't working...." He was able to look at it and instantly figure out that some rubber piece inside was old and needed to be replaced. He then went to the store and bought whatever rubber piece he needed and the proceeded to explain to me the innerworkings of a toilet. (which I could honestly careless about.. I just wanted my toilet to work) I honestly did listen though, while at the same time thinking "how in the world did he actually know this?" (girls can multitask- remember?) Is it possible that guys and girls are programmed that differently?

I honestly wasn't too disappointed when I had to leave, and Trey was satisfied enough with my new found knowledge of a toilet.

Trey: Mallory, you could actually do this yourself. It comes with instructions.

Really? So basically you are saying that I need instructions in order to fix a toilet but you are somehow born with a mental set of instructions for this kind of stuff? I hate to break it to you, but I don't think I could have fixed it even WITH instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment