1/29/10

41. Boys "one-up" each other

If two girls are having a conversation they talk about things they have in common. Share stories about boys, talk about last night's Oscars, talk about a new sale, or talk about their weekend. Boys instead will talk about who hooked-up with the hotter girl, who knows more random useless movie facts, who got the better price for their TV (and who has more features), and who has the more exciting plans for the weekend.

This morning Trey was telling me about a conversation that him and Kyle had a few hours earlier. Kyle was going to work wearing the same Tshirt that Trey had on.
Trey: You copied me.
Kyle: No, you copied me. I slept in this shirt last night.
Trey: I slept in this shirt last night too. You weren't wearing it when you were cooking breakfast. Which means you put it on AFTER you knew I was wearing it.
Kyle: I wore this shirt yesterday.
Trey: So what!? I wore this shirt yesterday too.
Kyle: I put it on first since I always get up before you do.
Trey: Wait, did you really sleep in a longsleved shirt?
Kyle: No.
Trey: Oh, okay.

The entire conversation became a fabrication only so that they could successfully one-up the other. OVER A TSHIRT.

I didn't listen for most of the story. I was too caught up thinking about how both of the boys were going to wear the same shirt two days in a row. (and may or may not have slept in it the night before- really!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment