10/22/09

31. The trash is taken out when someone wants to take out the trash. Not when it is full.

Trash in the kitchen can go without being taken out for several days. That is normal. Trash in the kitchen can go without being taken out several days after NEEDING to be taken out. That is something only boys do.

When I have lived with girls there is a "magic line" and once it reaches that point someone takes out the trash on their way out. It is amazing that the trash can at my house now seems to have no such line.

In fact, boys are creative. I imagine it takes more effort to figure out how to balance the next piece of trash on the pile rather than actually take it out. We almost have a never ending game of jenga. The trash can somehow pile up above the top of the can. Then there are some days when it actually leans up between the refrigerator and the wall. Of course if there is a box of any kind it goes next to the trash can (save room right?). Then of course if there is a box next to the trash can you can fill it to the top with trash before needing to take it out.

Granted, I know I am perfectly capable to take the trash out (and I definitely do sometimes too!) but I think I am more in awe of the stacking abilities of my male counterparts.

No comments:

Post a Comment