10/15/09

29. Boys don't emphasize meaningless words

I was writing a post and trey was frustrated that I inaccurately emphasized one of the words. I had quoted Trey as saying "He is SUCH an idiot." (see post 26)

Trey: The post is good, except for that one line. That's not what I said.
Mallory: Yea you did! Or something to that effect...
Trey: I didn't say "SUCH an idiot". That is such a girl thing to say.
Mallory: I mean, you said something like that.
Trey: I probably said "such and IDIOT".
Mallory: That's basically the same thing. What is the difference between emphasizing SUCH and emphasizing IDIOT.
Trey: Because "idiot" is the point.

I never noticed this before. Girls say "that was SO awesome." Boys says "that was AWESOME." How does emphasizing words make one girly? I don't know. Guess you learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment