10/22/09

30. Boys have a sentimental side too

... And it never ceases to amaze me when I see it.

I would say out of my roommates Trey is the least affectionate. Not that Kyle is affectionate (But.. he every now and then will tell me he enjoys our conversations or does something like leave half an avocado for me...)

There have been several times that I have left sticky notes on Trey's desk. One of them was because I was going out of town and left and note saying goodbye. Another time I wrote him a little note saying "glad youre my roomie". Another time I left him a little present and a note purely stating "present". Trey has saved all of these notes. They are hanging in a row over his desk.

I noticed them one day.
Mallory: Trey, you don't have to save my sticky-notes to you.
Trey: I know. I want to.

Oh. Aw. Wow. It really is the little things with boys that show they care, they don't need to tell you every day.

Additional Note: To be fair, Kyle has saved a "feel better" card and all the little presents that I have given him over the last few months. They are on the top left hand corner of his desk. I am not sure if this is because he is "saving" them or if that is just where he has left them after receiving and has just not cleaned his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment