6/22/10

The Conclusion

Who knew the opposite sex could teach you so much!?

We officially moved out one month ago and I moved into a little one bedroom in Dallas. It is quiet- sometimes nice, and sometimes desperately lonely. There is no sports center on when I come home, I haven't gone out dressed in suits, no family dinner nights, no "How I Met Your Mother" marathons that can last for days straight, no random friends sleeping on the couch (no plaid couch, and only one couch), no one to stay up all night with talking in the kitchen, or to distract me from studies. My fridge smells good and my kitchen is clean. There was a little dead bug in the corner and I had to get it myself. The kitchen light went out and I had to stand on a chair to fix it. The garbage disposal is broken and I had to pay an extra $75 for the furniture company to build my new dresser. The door is always locked when I come home and I only have basic cable. There is no one playing rockband when I go to bed and there is no one cooking eggs when I get up. I had to call Trey when I superglued my fingers together and I already failed at attempting one of Kyle's recipes alone. You don't know a good thing until it's gone? No- I knew I had a good thing when I lived there.

Would I recommend living with boys to other girls? It depends. I happened to get to amazing roommates. You better know what you are getting into and be prepared to be told the honest truth (and be flexible). It really isn't about what sex your roommates are but really who they are as people. My two roommates really became my brothers, but I know not everyone is that lucky.

Looking back I got so much more out of the $380 rent than just a place to sleep. I learned more about myself than I could possibly imagine and made two incredible friends who are stuck with me for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment