7/27/09

2. The comfort of the couch is more important than how "pretty" it is

Hmm. What a concept right?

(Background information: There was a couch in the room I was moving into)

Trey: Hey Mallory, do you want to keep a couch in your room?
Mallory: Yea, that's fine.
Trey: I was just wondering if you would want the black couch in the living room instead since that is technically "your couch". It is up to you, but we will move it for you if you want though.

Now mind you, the couch in the living room has a black very nice couch cover. It also happens to have red pillows. My room just so happens to be black, white, and red. (Coincidence?) The couch in my new room is blue, green, and yellow plaid. It looks like it came right out of the seventies. And honestly? I don't even think I would have liked the color if I lived in the seventies!

Mallory: Well, I would at least love the couch cover!
Trey: Okay, I just really like how comfortable the couch in the room is. I thought it would be better for the living room. (which of course I don't understand because why would you put the ugly couch as the first thing people see when they walk in?)

It is at that point that I realized that Trey and I weren't even talking about the same thing. I was talking about which couch would LOOK better in my room and he was talking about which couch was more COMFORTABLE. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment